If you are injured in an automobile accident, MCL 500.3107(1)(a) provides that you are entitled to: “Allowable expenses consisting of all reasonable charges incurred for reasonably necessary products, services and accommodations for an injured person’s care, recovery, or rehabilitation.” If injured in a car accident that renders you handicapped, your insurance company will have to pay for renovations to make your home or apartment handicap accessible. For example, if you are confined to a wheelchair, your insurance company would have to renovate your kitchen so that everything is accessible to you. If you are catastrophically injured as a result of an automobile accident and your present home cannot be reasonably adapted to provide for your care, recovery or rehabilitation, your insurance company will be required to build you a new residence. If an insurance company builds a new home for a catastrophically injured child, the courts may permit the insurance company or a court appointed trustee to hold legal title to all or a portion of the home, depending on the details of the case. Kitchen v State Farm Ins. Co., 202 Mich App 55 (1993). However, when a catastrophically injured adult is willing to contribute his/her equity into the new home built by the insurance company, then the adult is entitled to hold legal title of the newly constructed home. Williams v AAA Michigan, 250 Mich App 249 (2002). As you may guess, enforcing the right to these types of accommodation benefits can be extremely complicated but are very important for auto accident victims.